13 March 2011

Contenta

When there is much new in ones life, to express yourself in another language could be quite frustrating. One wishes to talk about the joy and challenges one is experiencing. But you can’t! What do you do? One word answer: contenta; meaning pleased or content in English. This one word that sums up all these things so perfectly.

I learned the word contenta from women that surround me. When I am at a lose for words in Spanish (quite often), others understand then simile and simply say “tu estás contenta.” With this word I can be at ease. This word perfectly sums up all that I want to say. At times it can be frustrating to learn a language with many words for things that seem to have little differences. However, one quickly finds the beauty in the language when one finds the exact word to describe one’s thoughts.

[pictured: A paseo with Sor Angustias. How great is that tile]

No comments:

Post a Comment